Thursday, June 17, 2010

Power Up With The Scriptures Today!


"Just like Mario, sometimes we get down....."

     The scriptures are something that I have often studied when I needed help or guidance. They are the words of the prophets who testify of Christ and His gospel. They help me draw nearer to God and bring peace to my life. There is great power in these inspired words!
     One thing I will quickly promise anyone, is that if you will study the scriptures whether it be the Bible or The Book of Mormon, for even a short length of time in your day; you will see a personal application of what you have read. The scriptures apply to all of Gods children whom He loves dearlyThey were given to us so that "we might believe" and have direction in life.


"Let the scriptures be your power up today!"



Luke 24: 27, 32, 45
27 "And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself." 32 "And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?" 45 "Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures."

     I love the feeling or the "burning in the heart" that I get when I read the scriptures. It reassures me of Gods love and the plan He has for me.  I have never been lead astray by the scriptures! They have always brought me to the understanding that I needed.  What greater gift can we find from our Heavenly Father than these scriptures, His amazing word! 
     I encourage everyone who reads this message to spend some time today reading the scriptures. Test it out and see for yourself if you can't find an application or bennefit from what you have read! Go to www.lds.org to read from the Bible or the Book of Mormon if you do not have a copy. To receive a free copy of either of these scriptures, you can go to www.mormon.org and request them to be delivered to your home free of charge.  The Book of Mormon has answers to all of life's greatest questions. Read a section of it today and feel the power of these inspired words!

2 comments:

JJWright said...

This is awesome. I took the challenge of a ward in Nephi and I'm reading 10 pages of the B of M a day. I started June 1. The days I do that are much better in so many ways. I know how important daily scripture study is. I really have to work hard and stick to it...life and work tend to distract me too much. Prayer before and after are important tools in my quest as well. I wish you well Elder Harris and we keep you in our prayers. We are proud of your service and love to see what a great missionary you are. Take care.
Love Judy and Morris Wright

KC Harris said...

Thanks for your input. It isnt always easy to focus on reading every day of the week. But the results are quite obvious. We gain a peace and happiness with an assurance that God loves us.