Thursday, June 3, 2010

Soo Happy You Could Explode!

Can you remember back to a moment of your life where you felt your happiest?  What was it about that one moment in time that made it so special and unique?  Life is meant to bring us happiness and joy from our experiences.  Remembering our experiences and lessons can often lead us through our troubles in life.
     One of the greatest joys I have in my life is knowing that Christ is there for me. He lived a perfect life and was completely sinless. Having faith in Him brings me peace and happiness.  Our faith in Him will lead us to change our lives and our hearts.  My faith in Him has brought me to a level of happiness I never thought imaginable.  No matter what comes my way I always know I can overcome the challenges I face!
     Having a faith in Christ includes a belief that He is the son of God and the Savior of the world. The only way that we can return to God after death is through Christ. When we have faith in Christ, we accept what He taught and apply it in our lives. Faith in Christ leads to action! 
     I love what Alma has taught in the Book of Mormon. In chapter 32 verse 27 of Alma it says: "But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words." So if we want to know if what Jesus taught is true, we will experiment and try living how He says we should.
     I am one who has "experimented" with Christ's teachings. I have given a significant effort to obey the commandments and live how Christ has taught. I gotta say that I have noticed a big difference in my life because of it. One thing that I notice is that I am happier and have a better outlook on life because of it. It is almost like someone literally helps pull me through my challenges.
     I extend an invitation to all those who wonder if Christ is real and what He taught is true; to take Alma's sound advice and experiment with Christ's teachings. Live what He taught and see for yourself if it is true. I can promise that you will notice a difference in your life. It is through my experience that I know that Jesus is real. He loves you and wants you to find happiness in His teachings.
To learn more about Christ and what He has done for us please go to www.mormon.org.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never would have expected to see Spongebob Squarepants and Jesus Christ on the same website.

But it's true: Christ came to bring us peace so that we could experience joy. That's the goal of our loving Heavenly Father. And if anything brings joy to simple, peaceful souls, it's Spongebob. ;)

KC Harris said...

Agreed. Even though Spongebob and his friend Patrick can often be rather silly, they teach all of us a simple lesson. We never have to base our happiness on what our sircumstances are. Instead, we can make a choice to be happy this very minute. :)