Saturday, August 28, 2010

An Exhilarating Rush of Euphoria

Life is filled with a variety of exhilarating experiences that will take your breath away.  A few choice activities of mine are snowboarding and rock climbing.  Being up on the mountains gives you a feeling of enlightenment and liberation that is hard to match.  The setting of which makes it a perfect playground for me and my friends.  Take a moment and  imagine with me the majestic beauty of the Rocky Mountains reaching for the heavens.



"I shouldn't be the first person to tell you how much fun it is to fly down a mountain side on a board or skis.  The crystals of snow slide ever so smoothly underneath your feet.  A mist of fresh powder spraying weightless like a wave in the ocean. Feels kinda like floating."  -Elder KC Harris-

Its moments like this that make me feel good to be alive.  Its moments like this that make another day worth living.  Moments that make me realize that there is something far greater than me out there.  Something out there that has the power to create something so vast and beautiful as this planet we call home...


Alma 30:44  


"The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator."


Photo at top right courtesy of public domain. 
Photo at mid left courtesy of http://www.utah.com/. and the Canyons Resort.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so true I cant even find the right words to use! There is most deffinately a greater power, even a "Supreme Creator".

Elder Robert Campbell said...

Man I love being on top of a mountain with a board strapped to my feet! Its my therapy and I get a natural high from it! The peaceful feelings I have up on those beautiful slopes is a good way to relate how peaceful i feel when im involving myself in the Gospel of Jesus Christ! God is an artist and I see the artwork of his hands everytime im boarding! ITS GREAT!!!! :)
Sick Post bro

Sister Stephanie Smoot said...

I AGREE, there's nothing like it:) There is something liberating flying down the mountain! And I love that scripture, ALL things denote there is a God!